Let me tell you how my 2019 started

I had a very quiet entry into the new year. If it were not for my neighbours, it would have been silent. As in, no jubilation, no music and no fireworks. As I was in bed, clouded by doubt. I had to dig deep within to discover what I would like to happen in my life in 2019, and the universe answered by sending a friend my way. 

He wanted cover art for his eclectic salsa/samba/rumba mixtape titled, "Hoy Por Tí, Mañana Por Mí". I got so excited, I swear I felt my heart smile. What freaked me out was that this happened just after I came across a quote by Plato which read, "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything". It reminded me that in every job there's an element of fun, as you can see the results below.

One of the concept cover art with one word highlighted.

The cover art above and below was inspired by the Blue Note jazz covers. I chose an image that encompasses the back story of the mixtape, as well as, what the artist wants to achieve.

The chosen, black and white, mixtape cover art done by Archnuvo.

Links of the mixtape are on the Archnuvo Facebook page. Click on the link below.



Comments

Popular Posts