Chapter 17

We have now entered the month of happiness. A month of giving gifts and celebrations. I love gifts and I'm a giver of gifts. I believe that a smile a day keeps negativity away. If anyone is thinking of making me smile before the end of the year, here's an item on my list of needs (more like wants): socks. One can never have too many socks!

We are all now familiar with the brand Happy Socks, to a point where South Africans have literally branded all brightly coloured socks "Happy Socks", regardless of who manufactured them. That's how you know they are a hit!

I admire the triumph of Mikael Söderlindh (CEO) and Viktor Tell (Creative Director) of the Happy Socks company. They managed to turn a basic soft accessory into a huge retail success. Inspired by the movement Sibusiso Ngwenya, founder of Skinny Sbu Socks, successfully infiltrated the South African market and more designers are hopping onto the wave.

Support proudly South African brands! Remember: The bolder the sock the better.

Comments

Popular Posts