Chapter 2

Last Thursday (19/01/2017) felt unreal. My day started with a message from Joel Osteen. My grandmother woke me up at 6am to watch a sermon with her. What stuck with me were these words, "Failure is an event, it's not who you are". I didn't understand what that statement meant until midday.

Before then I had felt down because I thought that I had missed out on a career changing opportunity the day before. The emotion felt more like failure, when in actual fact my career had changed months before, but I kept knocking on closed doors ignoring what's been in front of me all along.

We all know the saying when one door closes another opens. Mine were never closed, an affirmation that "Failure is an event, it's not who you are" made me realise that.

Frustrating as it has been for me to figure out my stance, I now see that I had to go through the jagged maze passages to get to a point where I appreciate my path. Joy does come from within.

Comments

Popular Posts