Page 4

It's Freedom Day this Friday for South Africans. What is freedom I ask? More like, what is your interpretation of freedom in this post-apartheid world we live in? Are we really free? My questions are endless.

I only understood the importance of self expression after I had lost myself trying to "fit in" not realising that I was crawling into a self made cage. Character prison I call it. I've now let go of who I thought I was supposed to be and embraced who I am, a creative spirit, and it was only in the process of shedding my coccon that I found my happiness, which is my love for all the things that are considered an art. Life included.

There are a people who are still roaming in their cages. I call you to come out! Your wings are stretched out. Fly! Your happiness is your freedom. My freedom is represented in the image below. What is your freedom? 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts